Sherri R. Betz, PT, DPT, GCS, NCPT, CEEAA
Dr. Sherri Betz is a physical therapist and Pilates teacher specializing in geriatric orthopedics, osteoporosis and exercise applications for special populations. As director of TheraPilates®️ Physical Therapy Clinics, Dr. Betz operates locations in Santa Cruz, CA and Monroe, LA and practices at Glenwood Regional Medical Center’s Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinic. Sherri is a 1991 graduate of Louisiana State University (LSU) Medical Center’s Physical Therapy Program. Awarded a clinical doctorate in Physical Therapy from the Evidence in Motion Health Sciences Institute (EIM) in 2017, she blends a manual therapy approach with her expertise in Pilates and yoga exercise for older adults with balance disorders, osteoporosis and orthopedic pathologies. Sherri is a Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher with diplomas from both Polestar Pilates and The Ron Fletcher Program of Study. She shares her love for Pilates by teaching Mat classes and individual Pilates-Based Physical Therapy sessions at Bon Temps Pilates Studio on Antique Alley in West Monroe, LA.
Dr. Betz has published numerous articles, book chapters, and videos on the topic of Pilates for special populations. In addition to being an in-demand international conference presenter, online sessions with Dr. Betz on the topic of exercise for osteoporosis, geriatrics and orthopedic pathologies can be streamed on www.MedBridgeEducation.com and www.Pilates Anytime.com.
She worked with AGPT to develop clinical practice guidelines on physical therapy examination and intervention for adults with osteoporosis. Dr. Betz devotes her practice to improving awareness about geriatric exercise, bone health and safe yoga and Pilates-based exercise through professional and consumer education as well as through promotion of low-cost community exercise programs for fit and frail older adults.
Community involvement and awards
• Chair of the Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy’s Bone Health Special Interest Group
• National Osteoporosis Foundation’s Exercise and Rehabilitation Activities Council
• American Bone Health’s Professional Education Committee
• Media Spokesperson for the American Physical Therapy Association
• Chair of the Pilates Method Alliance’s (PMA) Research Committee
• Past Chair of the PMA Certification Commission and past PMA Board Vice-President
• 2017 PMA Deborah Lessen Award in recognition of her years of dedication and service to the Pilates Method Alliance
• 2018 Lynn Phillippi Advocacy for Older Adults Award by the Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy
Download it on IOS y Android